Writing Articles – Use Articles to Promote Your Writing Business
What’s the easiest way to promote your writing services business? The answer’s easy – by writing articles.
Writing articles works brilliantly because:
* It shows your clients that you can indeed write (you’d be amazed at the number of people who claim to be writers but who have no evidence to back up that claim);
* You can monetize your articles and make money from them for years to come, even as they advertise your skills;
* It improves your writing skills. Writing is both an art and a craft; the more you do it, the better you get, and the more money people are willing to pay you.
Get Started Writing Articles
You’re convinced you should be writing articles to promote your business. But how do you get started?
Here’s an easy four-step process.
1. Create a Small Web Site
Your Web site is both the heart and the hub of your writing business. You can create a site in less than a minute using Google’s free Blogger service.
2. Write Articles for Your Web Site and the Article Directories
You’re a writer; write away. Start writing article both short and longer for your site, and for the article directories.
Write on any topic you please – make a list of topics on which you have some knowledge. Use your experiences. For example, if you’re a new mom, you know about: relationships, parenting, and babies.
WHAT you write about isn’t as important reddit essay writing service as the fact that you have content on your site, and that you have articles (which contain your ads) in the article directories. The content on your site brings you traffic, and so do the articles in the article directories.
Traffic gets you buyers for your writing services.
3. Create a Rates Sheet So Buyers Know How Much You Charge
I wish I had a dollar for every writer who’s asked me “How much should I charge?” The answer to that question is: charge whatever you like. When you’re beginning, set your rates low, and ensure that every buyer gives you a (glowing, one hopes) testimonial.